Ocean Projects ensures conception from several perspectives. The project concept serves as the backbone that articulates both the character and the content of the project and determines the foundation for the next, design development phase.
Urban planning and architectural programme
- Access, parking, ergonomics and functionality of the project
- Spatial organisation of : the visitor route, quarantines, technical and administrative areas, reception areas etc.
- Architectural programme, integration of ergonomic requirements and breakdown of areas..
Dimensioning of the project and costs
- Development of operational management concept and staffing structure model
- Development of outline business plan
- Outline programme, cost of structural works and technical installations.
- Budget costs and dimensioning.
- Development of thematic of the aquarium and subsidiary themes
- Outline of visit storyline
- Content and spatial organisation of the visitor route
- Outline programme for theming of the visitor route
- Preliminary programme for graphics, interpretation and interactive interfaces
- Definition of the tanks shape and form
- Key species list and husbandry requirements
- In-tank décor concepts
- Water treatment requirements and preliminary schematics